Tag Manager

Thursday, September 5, 2013

All The Amazon Things and Bread!

We love, love, love all things Amazon at our house.  With the sole exception of my husband, we are a Kindle household.  We each have our own Amazon Prime account and shop it frequently.  I do think that yesterday; however, was the largest Amazon delivery day in terms of sheer number of items for us to date.  We brought home six packages from Amazon.  Among those were:

Watch for Hubby
 
 
And:

Spark -- What Gets Me Going

And:

New Toy for the Hubby


But the most exciting delivery of all for me is this right here:

Mine!

Yep, a bread machine.  I used to have one back in the day and it was as big as my kitchen counter.  Made bread like a champ, but I have very little counter space in our kitchen as it stands and it was just always in the way so we donated it to Goodwill for someone else to enjoy quite a few years ago.  This was so a spur-of-the-moment purchase (like the ice cream maker a week ago - more of that in a sec) but I've already planned out the breads for the weekend. 

Little aside about the ice cream maker - I am beyond excited about this thing and I don't even eat lots of ice cream.  I think I'm on batch number 4 or 5 in a week and the family and neighbors are loving the heck out of it.  OMG!  I (a self-professed home chef and foodie) am AMAZED that you can throw a bunch of liquidy stuff into a canister, surround it with ice and salt and BOO-YAH!  Ice Cream.  Just. That. Simple.  Who knew?

Anywho -- back to the bread machine.  I've pulled out my dusty bread recipes and plan to innundate the neighborhood with fresh bread this weekend.  I have a feeling that whenever my neighbors see a new Amazon box sitting out for trash pick-up they either think, "Holy Crap, she bought a what?" or "Holy Crap, food!"  I'll be sure and post some bread pics from the weekend, you can bet on that.

No comments: