Tag Manager

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

So Much Sick...

Here at Casa Echeverry, EVERY.SINGLE.FAMILY.MEMBER. has had some sort of upper respiratory thing going on.  A couple of us have had ear infections and all five of us has that nasty cough that makes us sound like four-pack-a-day smokers.  Here's a good approximation of what it looks like at any given time in our house right now:


I know that our neighbors must think we're going deaf because in order to actually watch a TV program as a family, we have to turn the volume to DEAF-CON (heh) levels.  I don't know if I'm more horrified that the neighbors know the kids watch Family Guy on a daily basis, Supernatural on constant repeat, or Duck Dynasty in stereo.  That's some quality programming right there, but I digress...

At risk of sounding like a whiny wimp (especially to those who live in truly cold climates), I've just got to say that I'm soooo tired of this winter!  I'm tired of our Texas weather being freezing one day and in the sunny 70's the next.  I'm ready for summer, ready for heat, and ready for pool and beach. Ya'll! There's a reason I've never left Texas for any length of time (unless you count those few unfortunate years in Louisiana).  I find myself spending inordinate amounts of time and brain power imagining myself somewhere on a beach with a margarita as soon as humanly and financially possible.  As a matter of fact, I would like to go to here right now:

My view from the beach chair in Cozumel last year.

Okay, enough griping.  After I get more good drugs this evening, I'm hoping to be feeling better in a couple of days and then I'll be right back on the blogging track once again.

How is everyone else's winter?

No comments: