Tag Manager

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

One of the Hardest Posts Ever

Five years ago, I posted about the death of my mother and how she could finally run to God as fast in the immortal as her physical body couldn't allow her in the physical. 

This past Saturday, my daddy passed after a long and very difficult struggle with prostate cancer.  As much as losing mom hurt, losing daddy hurts so much more.  Not only was I a "daddy's girl," but I kind of feel orphaned.  I know that this is a normal and natural part of life, the progressive part of getting older and living a long, good life.  I'm not even going to lie, though, this part sucks the biggest pickle ever.  This past week a couple of my daughters hit milestones that I know dad would have loved to hear about because he took so much pride in his grandbabies.  And my hand nearly picked up the phone to dial a number he will never answer again. 

My family considers me the "strong one."  I am not.  I am strong through Christ and I know that He will carry me through this, but the pain is indescribable.  My girls and my wonderful Godly husband are trying their best to support me through this, but it's a day-to-day thing.  As wonderful as the knowledge is that Dad is no longer is the inexplicable pain he'd been suffering through, the hole that his passing has left in my world hurts like nothing ever before.

Thank you all who have commented and reminisced and shared your experiences with dad.  Please know that the family is so very appreciative of each and every response.  If any of you can join us in celebration of his life this Saturday, we would love that.  We do understand if you cannot, though.  Please know that we are thankful that you've played a part of his and our lives. 

No comments: